May 5, 2015
Neat Video 4:
new major version
Significantly improved noise filter with several new features; optimized
workflow; redesigned filter GUI; multiple performance optimizations; new
host applications supported; and more
September 16, 2014
Neat Video 3.6: new host applications;
Added support for DaVinci Resolve 11,
Nuke 9 / 8, Scratch 8, DustBuster+ 6,
Mistika 8, Mamba 2, Adobe Pr CC 2014, AE CC 2014.
Support for new AMD GPUs, for CUDA 6 and more
November 14, 2013
Neat Video 3.5:
new AMD GPUs, new host applications, optimizations
Added support for DaVinci Resolve 10 (experimental),
July 25, 2013
Neat Video AVX
New plug-ins add support for Avid Media Composer, Symphony and News Cutter
July 16, 2013
Added support for Edius 7
New 64-bit version of Edius is now also supported
Neat Video is a video filter designed
to reduce visible noise and grain in video footage produced by digital
video cameras, camcorders, TV-tuners, digitizers of film or analog video.
- Neat Video provides the most
accurate video noise reduction currently available ( examples )
- Neat Video efficiently reduces noise of the following types:
- digital sensor noise produced by digital
video capturing devices
- film grain visible in digitized film
or analog video
- dust, scratches, compression
artifacts and more...
- Neat Video is a video noise reduction plug-in for:
- Premiere Pro (Win, Mac), Premiere Elements
- After Effects (Win, Mac)
- Final Cut Pro X / 7 / 6, Motion,
Final Cut Express
- AVX hosts: Media Composer (Win,
Mac), News Cutter, Avid DS
- OFX hosts:
- Nuke (Win, Mac, Linux)
- Scratch (Win,
- DaVinci Resolve (Win, Mac, Linux)
- Mistika / Mamba (Win,
- Fusion Studio / Fusion (Win)
- Vegas Pro, Sony Vegas Movie Studio
- VirtualDub (can also be used in AviSynth
- Magix Video Pro, Movie Edit Pro, Video Deluxe
- Pinnacle Studio
- NEW MAJOR VERSION: Neat Video
v4 offers improved
noise filter with multiple new features and optimized workflow (press
Upgrade from an older version
Three editions: free
Demo, $74.90 Home plug-in, $99.90 Pro plug-in ($249.90 for some versions)
Please download Neat Video v4 Demo plug-in to
see what kind of noise reduction is possible with Neat Video. Please also
Imagenoise reduction for digital photos
New major version: Neat Video v4
ABSoft team is pleased to introduce the 4th generation of
Neat Video — the noise reduction solution for digital video.
The new major version 4 of Neat Video improves the visual quality and
adds new features to achieve even better noise reduction results.
- Higher quality of noise reduction
- More accurate processing in scenes with changing
luminance or chrominance:
fade in/out, camera auto gain control, etc.
- "Dust and Scratches" filter to remove
film scratches, dust, impulse interference (more...)
- "Slow Shutter" mode for video containing
repeated frames (more...)
- Better sharpening quality: less halos,
- "High Quality" mode for better
detail preservation and sharper image (at the cost of
reduced processing speed: 1.5-4 times slower)
- Optimized workflow
- Several source frames accessible directly
in plug-in window provide a choice of frame for profiling
- Restructured filter settings: better navigation,
greater flexibility and easier experimenting
- Improved preview takes all temporal and spatial filters into
(to adjust filters individually
and in combination; to avoid roundtrips to host
application for checking the final results)
- "Variants" of filtration to visually
compare results achieved with different filter settings
- New filter preset collection to solve typical
- Faster processing and more responsive GUI
- Preview is updated faster when filter settings are adjusted
- Multiple optimizations have allowed to preserve the speed of processing
despite its greater complexity
- "Skip Neat Video Processing" option to temporarily
disable all instances of Neat Video filters
(to speed up editing
in the host application; especially useful in FCP X).
- Added support for new host applications:
- After Effects CC 2015
- Premiere Pro CC 2015
- Nuke 9
- Magix Video Pro / Movie Edit Pro / Video Deluxe
- Pinnacle Studio 18.5.1
- For the full description of changes please refer to release
Pricing and availability
- Neat Video v4 is available as a set of products — plug-ins for
of video editing applications
- Versions of Neat Video v4 for all supported operating
systems are included into each corresponding product.
For example, "Neat Video v4 Pro plug-in for Premiere" includes
both Windows and Mac OSX versions of the plug-in.
- All Neat Video v4 products are delivered as a digital download
Upgrading from older versions
If you purchased an older version of Neat Video (version 1, 2 or 3)
then you can upgrade
to the new major version 4 with a discount.
If you want to try v4 before upgrading please use the freely available Demo
editions. They can be installed along with the previous versions
of Neat Video and will not interfere with them.
Notes for users of older versions
- Neat Video v4 will not replace the older version of Neat
Video on your computer. Neat Video 4 and an older version can co-exist
on the same machine and even be used in the same project.
- If you want to use Neat Video v4 instead of an older version in
an existing project then you need to manually add the new Neat Video
v4 (Reduce Noise v4) to your project. You can then disable or remove
the older instance(s) of Neat Video (Reduce Noise) from the project.
- Neat Video v4 builds and uses new noise profiles and
filter presets that are not compatible with profiles/presets from
older versions. If you have built a re-usable set of profiles for
your camera with an older version of Neat Video then you may want
to re-build it in Neat Video v4. The same applies to filter presets.
- If you upgrade from v1, v2 or v3 Home to v4 Home edition of any
of Neat Video products, please note an important difference in the
- v4 Home edition may only be
used for non-commercial purposes
If you need to use Neat Video v4 for commercial purposes then please
upgrade to v4 Pro edition (you can contact
- The Neat Video v4 plug-in for Pinnacle Studio no
longer supports older versions of Pinnacle Studio (versions 10-15).
Several newer versions of Studio (16, 17 and pre-18.5 versions) are
not supported because they have outstanding technical issues preventing
normal operation of the Neat Video plug-in. The only version of Pinnacle
Studio fully compatible with Neat Video v4 at this point is
the version 18.5.1 or newer.
- Neat Video v4 changes support for Magix host applications.
Earlier, Magix host applications were supported by Neat Video v3 for
VirtualDub. The new Neat Video v4 has a dedicated native (and therefore
more compatible) plug-in for Magix hosts (see
the list). Users of Neat
Video v3 for VirtualDub who run that older plug-in in Magix hosts can
choose to cross-upgrade to Neat Video v4 for Magix (the cross-upgrade
option is available in the download area of your current v3 plug-in
- Neat Video v4 may be more demanding to the memory resources than
the older versions, so we recommend
to use the 64-bit versions of host applications / plug-ins instead
of 32-bit ones whenever possible. For example, if you use Sony Vegas
Pro 11, better run its 64-bit build than the 32-bit one. This will
help both stability and speed of rendering.
The 32-bit versions of some Neat Video plug-ins have not been included in Neat Video v4 for that
reason too, so if you are upgrading from an older version to the new version 4 please check if you
still need the 32-bit host/plug-in or you can switch to 64-bit versions. Please try the available v4 Demo versions too.
- Mac OS X: the new minimum version of OS X able to run Neat Video
v4 is the version 10.7.5. If you need to use Neat Video in older versions
of OS X please contact us for assistance.
Please see video tutorials to start using
Neat Video 4. They will also help you improve your results.