Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NV 2.22 crashes CS4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: NV 2.22 crashes CS4 Reply with quote

I installed Premiere Pro CS4, then uninstalled my eariler version of NR, then downloaded and installed NV2.22.
2 seconds after I click and drag NV to the clip PP CS4 crashes. A couple of times the NV showed up in the Clips Effects pannel and when I clicked on it to open it... PP CS4 crashed.

I have NV Pro Version, and the clip was wide 1440x1080.

Marv. Sad
NVTeam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marv,

We are aware of this issue and are currently working on it. It seems there is a minor bug in CS4 that makes it work on 1440x1080 clips differently than previous versions of Premiere. In any case, I expect we will be able to offer a solution in the coming days. Please stay tuned, I will post an update here.

Thank you,
Vlad

Last edited by NVTeam on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understand... not in a hurry at this point.

NOTE: Also happens with 1920x1080.

Interestingly, I set PP CS4 for standard DV and got NV to open up when applied to a clip and it never asked me for my regestration Number, etc. This was the first time I have been able to open NV 2.22 up in PP CS4.

Marv.
NVTeam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have updated Neat Video for Premiere with a workaround intended to avoid that problem in Premiere CS4 working with specific clip sizes and specific project settings. Please re-download Neat Video and try to use it in your project. I expect it to work properly now.

Thank you,
Vlad
Marv

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Works Reply with quote

Thanks, New Download appears to works. ( I didn'y have any really noisy samples to test).
I tested it with CS4 with the before mentioned Rez... and I noticed that the image is really streached 2x? in the NV preview window. takes a bit getting use to.

Marv.
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is actually not stretched, it is two times smaller in vertical dimension because it is not full frame (despite Premiere CS4 says so to the plug-in, that is incorrect, CS3 used to say the right thing) but just one field (lower or upper), because interlaced video data consist of such half-frame fields. That is what NV filter actually works with, that is what NV receives from Premiere, that is what should be used to build a noise for such video data, so that is what NV shows you as well. That is normal for Premiere and for interlaced video.

Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: