Building noise profiles using Calibration Target
You can use Neat Video Calibration Target to build device noise profiles for your camera using these steps:
Print the Calibration Target out on a matte white paper in high quality to avoid printing
- color version for color printers;
- grayscale version for black & white printers.
- Set your camera to a certain shooting mode (gain level, exposure program, etc.) that you want to build a noise profile for.
- Important: set the focusing system on infinity (or macro) to get a slightly out-of-focus image of the printed target.
- Make a short shot (1–2 sec) of the printed target.
- Open the test shot in your editing application and then in Neat Video plug-in and build a new noise profile using the Auto Profile button or menu Profile > Auto Profile.
- Add comments about used device mode of the camera to the profile.
Save the noise profile to a file with an explanatory name
If you build a set of profiles for several camera modes, please also see the "Device Noise Profiles" section of the user guide.