What can NeatVideo do for my Videos?

general questions about Neat Video
mlong219

What can NeatVideo do for my Videos?

Post by mlong219 »

Hi All,

I just uploaded the following 30sec video clip as a test. This was captured using JVC/VHS -> Canopus ADVC110->Firewire->WinDv in NTSC DVType2 format.

http://www.lwintegrationtest.com/SampleVideo70th.avi

My current video tools...

Avisynth
Virtual Dub
Sony Vegas 7.0d
WinDv
DvdLab Pro2
GSpot
Cinema Craft Encoder Basic

I've been using Vegas primarily for slide shows until I was able to purchase a JVC VHS player, to convert my old movies. Now that I have a VHS player, I've been researching the different filters from Virtual Dub, and Avisynth. I'm still confused as to what will be best for my future workflow, then I came across the NeatVideo filter, and I not sure how this would work in my future work flow. At the moment I'm trying to determine what will be the best filters to use for this type of video. Can someone tell show me what this would look using NeatVideo? I have the demo, but I not sure if I'm doing it right with this video clip in virtual dub, by using the sample presets. Also what other filters (if any) would be needed to cleanup this video. The only thing I'm looking for is to cleanup the noise, and color correction. But then again, I'm new to this, so I'm not sure if there is something else that needs to be applied to this type of video, or will the NeatVideo filter be enough?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Hi Matt,

The clip seems to be quite clean to start with. Yet, NV can process it too. If you select a frame in the vicinity of frame #700 in this sample then NV will have enough flat areas in the frame for profiling (Auto Profile) and then you can simply use the default filter settings to get good results.

If you have any specific questions about use of NV with your clips please post your results (obtained using the Demo plug-in for VirtualDub) and we will discuss them here.

Thank you,
Vlad