slow render in PP, whats a good workflow?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
sigmund03

slow render in PP, whats a good workflow?

Post by sigmund03 »

Hi I heard about NV and gave it a try and bought it.
I know it would compromise the time but not expecting that is THAT MUCH. 3minutes becomes - 2 hours to render.

I know someone mentioned processing it first before editing so that we only have to render it once.

How do you do this in premiere pro?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

3 min in 2 hours is 40 times slower than realtime and that is too slow for any modern hardware.

Please open the main window of the plug-in, go to the menu Tools > Preferences > Performance > Optimize, run the test in that window and post its log here in forum. It will show how fast is the hardware itself when it runs the filter alone.

Thank you,
Vlad
GlueFactoryBJJ

Post by GlueFactoryBJJ »

I am also running into this problem.

For example, I have a short video that I just updated, which is a test I did at home to see how well Neat works (very well at temporal value > 3, excellent at 5).

https://vimeo.com/87330819

As you can see in the description, this ~5.5 minute video (with a lot of title clips) took over 2 hours to render out in Adobe Media Encoder (Mercury Engine enabled). I have also run the optimizer and it selected 5 cores and my GTX 780 Ti GPU (2880 Cuda cores).

Surely there must be a better workflow that I am missing.

Briefly:

1. Pulled all the titles and copies of the clips into Premiere CC and brought them onto the timeline.

2. Organized them.

3. Color corrected (as indicated in the video).

4. Pulled the Neat Denoise filter onto the first clip and got a profile (83%).

5. Copied that filter's settings onto the other clip copies.

6. Changed the Temporal value from 0 to 5, depending on the clip (as indicated in the video).

7. Sharpened the last two clips.

8. Added the overlay titles and color mattes.

9. Rendered it out to .MP4.

Interestingly, the export to MP4 time was the same regardless of whether or not I had rendered the timeline before export. :(

Any help with the render time and workflow would be GREATLY appreciated!

Scott
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please post the log from the optimize tool to show the actual figures.

Also, please try to export using Premiere itself (instead of through AME) and measure the export time too.

Thank you,
Vlad
mathewlisett

Post by mathewlisett »

GTX 780 Ti is unsupported by that software. how ever you can use that with a quick "hack"

simply go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC, open up cuda_supported_cards.txt and simply add in your GPU that you have and save and then reboot.do this 4 media encoder aswell

you need to do this after each time your gpu or adobe software gets updated

when you have done this after the rbeoot, load up ppcc and open up neatvideo and do the optimizing.