diagonal lines or free form noise sample box

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
apefos

diagonal lines or free form noise sample box

Post by apefos »

lots of times the objects in the footage are not in vertical or horizontal aligned position. If I try to draw the square to get the noise sample, the square cannot be big enough, just keep in yellow color.

If I could draw a diagonal lines shape I could get a much more biger area and probably it would become green.

My improvement sugestion is to enable a free form sample area made of four lines, so I could click somewhere, draw a line, click again, draw the second line, click again, draw the third line, click again, draw the line four, and click again to close the shape. The lines need to be in any angle, so the shape can be any four lines shape.

this thing, similar to photoshop selection tools, would solve the problem of finding a big enough area to draw the sample square (no more a square, but a free form selection)...
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the noise analysis algorithms used in Neat Video require a straight (not rotated/diagonal) rectangular area to be able to work correctly. Which is why the selection is working as it does now. If it was possible to use free shapes we would offer that possibility already.

Thank you,
Vlad