NV messing with exported bitrate?

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
csmiller1988

NV messing with exported bitrate?

Post by csmiller1988 »

I'm working in Premiere CS5 (Windows 7 64bit environment), and it seems that NV may be interfering with the bitrate of exported videos.

When I have NV added to my clips and I go to export, Premiere tells me the estimated file size will be 236mb (the video is 3:56 in length, encode settigns: h.264, vbr 1-pass, target bitrate: 8mbs, max bitrate: 8mbs). However, the file I get in the end is only 130mb in size, and when I look at the details of the video the actual bitrate is about 4,500kbs. However, if I turn OFF the neat video on all my clips and export, the resulting file size is within 10mb of what premiere estimates, and the file details have the correct bitrate of 8,000-9,000kbs (audio included).

Any ideas what is going on? I appreciate any help.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

My guess is Premiere's bitrate/size estimation algorithms are making a mistake when predicting that larger file size and expecting 8mbps bitrate.

Please make a test: replace NV with Gaussian Blur (builtin in Premiere), export and check the resulting clip. It is quite likely that you will see a very similar picture regarding file size and bitrate.

Hope this helps,
Vlad