is there any difference in speed between different gpu memry

general questions about Neat Video
lansing

is there any difference in speed between different gpu memry

Post by lansing »

I'm planning to get a Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost for running neatvideo, but there are a 1G and 2G memory version, is there any difference between the two with neatvideo speedwise?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I would not expect much difference, but that may also depend on other users of GPU memory. For example, Premiere may also use GPU to accelerate its processing, and in that case it is best to have more memory, because shortage of available GPU memory may cause a slowdown.

Vlad
lansing

Post by lansing »

do you have any measure of the gpu memory usage with neat video? Like what's the maximum usage when i'm running a 1920x1080 video?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It can be hundreds of MBytes of GPU memory, it depends on filter settings and on number of instances of Neat Video too.

Vlad
lansing

Post by lansing »

thanks for the reply, i think i'll go with the 1G version since i'm not going to run multiple instances.
lansing

Post by lansing »

i got the new card and ran into some problems. I was using it with virtualdub.

The first one is that when i try to run some bench marks in neat video, i will get a cmd error window.

Code: Select all

GPU error at GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST (0): Invalid source (300) in GPUCUDAApi::c
reateContext(.)
GPU error at GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST (0): Invalid source (300) in GPUCUDAApi::c
reateContext(.)
Internal GPU error at GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST (0): gekAlreadyInitialized (4) in
 GPUCUDAApi::createContext(.)
Internal GPU error at GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST (0): gekAlreadyInitialized (4) in
reateContext(.)
reateContext(.)
reateContext(.)
reateContext(.)

another problem is that the gpu memory doesn't flush itself after each bench mark, the memory available decrease every time. After 3 to 4 run, it will eventually run out of memory and crash.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That seems to be a problem of the current Demo version. You may want to test it using the CPU-only mode. If you purchase the Home or Pro version then the problem is going to go away.

Vlad