Several Questions about nv

general questions about Neat Video
Soloist

Several Questions about nv

Post by Soloist »

Hello neat video team... i love your revolutionary software

im thinking to buy nv, so im testing nv for both vdub and After effects until some more advanced/newer version comes out, but im finding a few problems:

1st why does the vdub temporal treshold is different from the AE treshold?
i mean when i apply 5frames with a (+0 Temp-treshold) on vdub the image i receive is different than 5frames with (-100 treshold)... but when doing this on AE the results are always the same 5 frames with 0%treshold or +250 treshold the frame looks the same and it desn't preserve details better than VDub version... why???

2nd i would like to try the 3.3 demo of the vdub version, why do this site has the 3.0v only?

3rd does cuda encoding has better quality then openCL? Is it faster with equivalent 300€ graphic card nvidia/amd

4th do i get more speed with 2x 150€ graphic card or a single 300€ graphic card?

5th great software nvteam ;)

thanx
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

1. it is just different scales in vd and ae: +0% in vd is the same as 100% in ae, one is relative another is absolute. their default values mean the same thing, so I recommend to not adjust them and keep the defaults (for beginning at least) if you want to get the same results in both applications;

2. still working on that; please use the AE plug-in for testing for now;

3. no, the quality is the same;
I cannot comment on card prices (depends on a region), but if you pick a GTX 580 or AMD HD 7950 then you will get about the same speed;

4. 2 cards may also require a new PSU.. I recommend one faster card.

5. thanks ;-)

Vlad
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Sorry persistence but:

i mean with a testing bd sample i have here the results of NV-(VD) 0 treshold is equal to NV-(AE) 0-treshold but the results of NV-(VD) with +0 treshold and NV-(AE) 100 treshold the results are different... VD version @ + 0 treshold retains more detail and overall denoising quality very very differently than AE @ 100... AE with 0 treshold and 100 looks the same i dont know why maybe because i have nv v.3.3 on an old after effects version i think is CS5.

thanx for your time
:)
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

When all settings (noise profile, filter preset, temporal filter settings) are the same then the results are the same too. Perhaps there is a difference elsewhere than in the temporal filter settings (if they are equivalent).

Vlad