Flicker durring disolve transition ppro

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Drywater

Flicker durring disolve transition ppro

Post by Drywater »

I rendered all of my effects and now want to tweak with fades, etc. Adding a cross disolve in Premiere Pro 2.0 between two clips treated with NV causes a terrible strobe or flashing effect untill the disolve is done. Because it literally spend 40+ hours rendering the effects I would hate to have to readjust the NV settings.

The flashing is specific to NV clips for when I disable NV the strobe goes away.

What can I do?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Unfortunately, I cannot directly reproduce this effect on our computers. I am using the clip from the testkit for this test. I have added the clip in Video 1, then added it again in Video 2. Added NV to both clips. Video 1 and Video 2 have an overlap. Added Cross Dissolve to the overlap area in Video 2. The preview as well as rendered results show correct noise reduction and correct transition between the clips.

Could you try to reproduce the effect using the clip from the testkit?
Please also describe your project setup so that I was able to reproduce the effect you observe.

Do you observe flashing in the rendered results or in preview as well?

Thank you,
Vlad
Drywater

Post by Drywater »

Well I tried it on some other clips and it woks just fine. There is nothing specific to these clips that I see to be different from the others. Just because i am in a hurry and it is working elsewhere I will continue with the fades until I reproduce it.

I will try again tommorow with the same clips and remove the filters and add them again to see if it reproduces.

Thank you for your help, I'll let you know what happens.
grapegraphics

Post by grapegraphics »

causes a terrible strobe or flashing effect untill the disolve is done.
I have the same issue... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2iIdk7a ... e=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2iIdk7a ... e=youtu.be

temporal radius 1, threshold 90

if I crank up the radius it seems to improve, but doesn't eliminate it.

I just bought Neat video

Please advise

>>> UPDATE
I've just read the NEAT VIDEO DAQ RE: FCPX 10.0.7 - I cannot revert to 10.0.5 -

Thanks

2011 iMac w/32G Ran 2G ATI video card FCPX(latest) 3.4GHz i7
AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 2GB GDDR5

James
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It looks like the same FCPX 10.0.6/10.0.7 bug that causes FCPX to produce bad/corrupted frames when plug-ins are used. Not specifically Neat Video, any more or less computationally-intensive plug-ins. Basically, FCPX, because of that bug in FCPX, breaks under load. We reported this problem to Apple in October when 10.0.6 came out. Unfortunately they haven't included the bug fix in 10.0.7 yet (altough Apple do have a fix) so I expect it will be included in 10.0.8.

You may want to contact Apple directly and ask them to fix that bug as soon as possible. We already did. The more people talk to them the faster they realize the that problem is serious and requires their urgent attention and action. Please use this specialized form they provide:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

Thank you,
Vlad
grapegraphics

Post by grapegraphics »

NVTeam wrote:You may want to contact Apple directly and ask them to fix that bug as soon as possible. We already did. The more people talk to them the faster they realize the that problem is serious and requires their urgent attention and action. Please use this specialized form they provide:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

Thank you,
Vlad
Thanks you, I have done that this morning.

... and while waiting, hopefully I have a backup of 10.0.5 somewhere. I'll have to check for that tonight. Wish me luck

---------------------------
Found this on the Apple Forums... I will try tonight and report back

Fix for green frames.
I too have Sporadic corrupted frames with each render attempt. Inverted green frames in my case when rendering effects like NeatVideo's Noise, or Ripple Training's RT Color Balance.
By removing the file " AlphaBlendMode.plugin " from the Quartz Composer Patches folder located at the root level of my hard drive ( Drive/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Patches ), I no longer have this problem.

I'm not sure which program originally installed this plug-in but the get info is:
kind plug in
size 193,185 bytes
date 2010-11-16
version 1.0
------------------------
UPDATE: I have NOT found the file "AlphaBlendMode.plugin" on my system and I had purchased FCPX @10.0.6 I believe. Bummer

Jb