Neat Video for Sony Vegas installation problem

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
sscheidegger

Neat Video for Sony Vegas installation problem

Post by sscheidegger »

I have a problem on one computer with Sony Vegas 12 and Neat Video 3.3. I installed it and it works well for user A. For user B however, Neat does not show up in the Vegas filter list. Both users have administrative privilegs and I tried unsinstalling and reinstalling everything. I think this is not really a problem of Neat Video as I have another vfx plug-in with the same problem. OFX plug-ins on the other hand work well for both users.

Could someone tell me how does Vegas know about the vfx plug-ins (i.e. Neat ist located in ..\program files (x86)\Neat Video for Sony Vegas\). How can I manually de-register and register a vfx plug-in for Vegas? Or how can I check if it has been correctly registered?

Thanks a lot for any help!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I would try to re-install NV from that second account as the first measure.

Vlad
sscheidegger

Post by sscheidegger »

Hello Vlad

This I have tried, nothing changed. I also tried using regsvr32.exe do manually unregister and register the dll. As user A I can do it successfully and NV disappears and reappears in the plug-in list in Vegas. As user B i can also do it successfully, but still NV doesn't appear in the list.

At the moment I don't know how to further analyze the problem. The next step would be to delete the user B and create it from scratch. Unvortunately that user has a lot of software and settings! Any other ideas?

Best,
Stefan
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We tried to reproduce this problem but so far the plug-in is working as expected in both accounts, no issues observed. Could be something with the account or Windows setup on your computer I guess..

Vlad
sscheidegger

Post by sscheidegger »

We solved the problem by deleting the windows user profile B and creating it again from scratch. Now everything is working fine.

Thanks a lot for your support!