Prem Pro CS5 and Catalyst video card software Win 7 64 bit

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
photocornwall

Prem Pro CS5 and Catalyst video card software Win 7 64 bit

Post by photocornwall »

I've only been using Neat Video for a week to reduce noise on a 50 minute production. All was great, but for the last day I've been plagued by AMD Catalyst software updater. After finishing using PP, I installed it. After the install of Catalyst, PP would not start, sticking on the Neat Video plugin.
I've finally managed to uninstall Catalyst and all is well again.
So, this is just a heads-up for anyone else that uses Catalyst and also a question - will Neat Video work as well with the generic Windows drivers running my card? (An AMD PCI-E 1GB...but from the cheaper end of the range. What would be a good card to replace it with? System is 3.6Ghz Quad Core AMD, 16GB Ram, Win 7 64bit.
Thanks
Chris
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It may be a bug in video driver. Which version of Catalyst did you run before the update? Which version did it update to?

Thank you,
Vlad
photocornwall

Post by photocornwall »

Hi
As far as I can tell, it downloaded V 13.1. It was an 'auto install'. previous was version 12.11
Luckily, although I uninstalled Neat Video to check PP would load without (it did), after removing Catalyst and reinstalling Neat Video, the video I had been working on reverted to having the filter applied - I was slightly relieved, to say the least!!
Chris
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We received one more report about a similar problem with 13.1 (worked with 12.10, broke with 13.1). We couldn't yet directly reproduce the problem on our test computers where 13.1 works just fine. We are continuing to investigate this issue.

Please contact support [at] neatvideo.com, we will then try some tests on your machine where the problem is reproducible (this will require installing 13.1 again). If you cannot do that right now, please let us know when it will become possible.

Thank you,
Vlad