Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neat Video for Sony Vegas installation problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sscheidegger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Neat Video for Sony Vegas installation problem Reply with quote

I have a problem on one computer with Sony Vegas 12 and Neat Video 3.3. I installed it and it works well for user A. For user B however, Neat does not show up in the Vegas filter list. Both users have administrative privilegs and I tried unsinstalling and reinstalling everything. I think this is not really a problem of Neat Video as I have another vfx plug-in with the same problem. OFX plug-ins on the other hand work well for both users.

Could someone tell me how does Vegas know about the vfx plug-ins (i.e. Neat ist located in ..\program files (x86)\Neat Video for Sony Vegas\). How can I manually de-register and register a vfx plug-in for Vegas? Or how can I check if it has been correctly registered?

Thanks a lot for any help!
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try to re-install NV from that second account as the first measure.

Vlad
sscheidegger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vlad

This I have tried, nothing changed. I also tried using regsvr32.exe do manually unregister and register the dll. As user A I can do it successfully and NV disappears and reappears in the plug-in list in Vegas. As user B i can also do it successfully, but still NV doesn't appear in the list.

At the moment I don't know how to further analyze the problem. The next step would be to delete the user B and create it from scratch. Unvortunately that user has a lot of software and settings! Any other ideas?

Best,
Stefan
NVTeam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried to reproduce this problem but so far the plug-in is working as expected in both accounts, no issues observed. Could be something with the account or Windows setup on your computer I guess..

Vlad
sscheidegger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We solved the problem by deleting the windows user profile B and creating it again from scratch. Now everything is working fine.

Thanks a lot for your support!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: