Whatis more important in GPU Cuda Cores or Memory Bandwidht?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
apefos

Whatis more important in GPU Cuda Cores or Memory Bandwidht?

Post by apefos »

Today I have a GT240 which does not improve NV performance anyway.

In my researches I found the GTX660 the best price performance GPU. But my current PSU is not powerful enough for it and change the PSU will be expensive, so I started to consider the new GTX650Ti

I read here in the forum the GTX560Ti alone is 5.15 fps and I am considering it as a base for comparison, using the nvidia specifications and some review benchmark results, so:

considering only the cuda cores, the 650ti will be 15% slower = 4.48fps

considering only the memory bandwidth the 650ti will be 49% slower = 3.45fps

I would like to ask if someone knows what would be real results, will the cuda cores have more influence in performance or will the memory bandwidth hurts it more?

thanks.
apefos

some prediction

Post by apefos »

In another topic in this forum I found the neatvideo benchmark results for gtx560ti (5.15fps) and for gtx570 (6.49fps).

So I did a research in nvidia website to find their specifications.

After some calculation, I found the difference in performance between them in neatvideo is higher than just the core/frequency difference and higher than just the memory bandwidth difference.

The difference in performance is almost the sum of these two things.

So, if this is some kind of a rule for prediction, the GTX650ti will be not just 1.15x slower or just 1.49x slower than the GTX560ti. It will be something like 1.6x slower. Something about 3.22fps alone.

If this is true, It seems the GTX660 will be the cheapest option, because any cheaper than it will make not enough difference in performance.