Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPU + GPU slower than only GPU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcaroll

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: CPU + GPU slower than only GPU Reply with quote

I just got Neat Video and without understanding what it mean (yes I will eventually read the manual) I cranked the radius up to 5.
When I then tried GPU + CPU and only CPU I found that GPU + CPU was 3-4 times SLOWER than only CPU, is that normal?
I have a Q9950 CPU and a 480GTX GPU
NVTeam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the frame size in pixels?

How did you measure the speed? Did you use the Optimize tool in Neat Video Preferences, or another method?

If you used Optimize, please post the log from there.

Thank you,
Vlad
bcaroll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used two methods. Measure how fast the plugin rendered a couple of frames in Premier, then I also used the Optimize tool and I got roughly the same result.

The strange thing is that I cannot reproduce it. When I run the Otimize tool I get different result every time, but now GPU+CPU is always the fastest.

My GPU seems a bit moody.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: