Neat Video in Final Cut Pro X v 10.0.3

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
valleo

Post by valleo »

I'm currently testing a new mFlare beta which is able to run inside of FCPX. There is just a small checkbox to enable to open the configuration dialogue.
They got it to work.

Maybe you should try it that way?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We did, FCP X hanged. There is a known and not yet fixed bug in FCP X related to that.

Vlad
jimaltieri

Post by jimaltieri »

I've downloaded the newest NEAT VIDEO plugin and motion 5 and I'm using it as a filter in FCPX but for some reason it flips my footage vertically when I apply it... am I doing something wrong? Easy enough to fix by scaling it
-100% in y but I figured I'd check.

-Jim
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

FCPX is currently not in the compatibility list yet. Therefore please do not try to use the plug-in in FCPX, it will not work as you expect. Please instead use it in Motion to apply noise reduction in Motion itself.

Thank you,
Vlad
affinityphoto

feedback submitted

Post by affinityphoto »

I kindly asked them to remove the restrictions preventing Neat Video to work in FCP X. BTW, I'm a long-time Neat Image user from way back... keep up the good work.
winfriedd

Post by winfriedd »

I'm also waiting for neat video in FCP X. Hope it can be available soon.

regards,
Winfried
mikeybouchereau

Post by mikeybouchereau »

Vlad,

Besides sending feedback to apple, is there anything we as a community can do to help get Neat Video into FCPX? I would love to help in any way to bring one of my most used tools to my new favorite editing system.

Right now the work around of exporting clips out, opening them in motion then exporting it out, just takes forever. I've gotten to the point, of just taking everything that needs need video before I edit, taking it to FCP7, applying neat video, then it it render out over night, then start editing in FCPX. I cant wait to render only what I need to in FCPX
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, you will certainly be able to help once we find and implement a stable (perhaps temporary) solution, which will need testing. I will let you know then, here in this thread.

Thanks a lot!

Vlad
john.b

Post by john.b »

Hi Vlad! The TonalizerVFX plugin uses another method instead of "cheсkbox". They uses "Pop-up" feature to open separate front window. Hope it helps you.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The problem is not in the GUI element used to open the window. The problem comes later, when the window is closed. We are working on this. Please wait a bit.

Vlad
paulthompson

Post by paulthompson »

Any luck yet? Very much looking forward to using this in FCPX!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We have some progress, some limited work is already possible. We will update this thread in the coming days with further details.

Vlad
MorphoV

Post by MorphoV »

Hi,
Before purchasing it, I just want to be sure:
When Neat Video for FCPX will be ready, will it work with the same licence than the Motion version?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Assuming it will be ready and you will still like it (given the current limitations of FCP X), yes, it will work with the same license.

If you are not sure, do not purchase yet, wait for the update.

Vlad
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Dear forum members,

If you are interested in using Neat Video in FCP X, you may want to check this topic about testing the new build.

Thank you,
Vlad