Proper temporal radius for interlaced footage?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Trixter

Proper temporal radius for interlaced footage?

Post by Trixter »

I'm a very happy owner of NeatVideo v2 and v3, using v3 with Premiere Pro CS5. I work with mostly interlaced footage, and am familiar with how Premiere sends only fields to the NeatVideo filter.

I was thinking the other day about the radius setting. The default is "1" for, I'm assuming, progressive footage; it represents a comparison to 1 frame before and 1 frame after the current frame. But NV sees only fields in PPro. That means "1" is only comparing the previous and next FIELD, not frame.

My question: Wouldn't a radius of "2" be more appropriate for interlaced footage in PPro? So that the current field would eventually be compared against its previous and next fields (ie. current even field, previous even field, subsequent even field)?
NVTeam

Re: Proper temporal radius for interlaced footage?

Post by NVTeam »

Trixter wrote:So that the current field would eventually be compared against its previous and next fields (ie. current even field, previous even field, subsequent even field)?
That is actually what happens already now, with radius=1. It just works as you would expect.

Vlad