Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NeatVideo in effect sequence - Vegas 10 Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: NeatVideo in effect sequence - Vegas 10 Pro Reply with quote

There are two effects that I would like to apply; Neat Video and Vegas Crop Tool to NTSC SD DV clip. Since this is digitized Hi8 footage it has overscan areas present in the frame.

I tried applying effects in following order NeatVideo 3 first and then Crop tool. This has given me a few pixel artefacts along the top edge along high contrast border. If along 55% noise removal I apply sharpening for Y at 70-high 10-mid 10-low the artefacts are made stronger. One solution would be to crop them off.

The other solution would be to change the efect order that is first cropping/englargement and then applying the NeatVideo 3 noise removal. This seems to eliminate the artefacts, but there might be some side efects I'm not aware of. Could you please coment on that.

Any other ideas? Would replacing the black along the outer borders of the frame with 50% grey help?
NVTeam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also not aware of any side effects in the second scenario you describe. If it shows good render results then I would go for it. Or would simply apply two effects separately, if they do not work well together for any reason.

Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: