Trail/Blurriness in shot after using Neat Video

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
randomg17

Trail/Blurriness in shot after using Neat Video

Post by randomg17 »

I'm new to Neat Video so I'm sure that my problem can be resolved quite easily but I've been fiddling around a lot with all the options and I've looked around a lot and haven't found an answer.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what the technical name for my issue (actually 2 issues). In the first instance, it kind of looks like a strange blurriness between two shades of the same colour on a car door. In the second instance, there seems to be a flickering trail of a man's shoulder. Here are the clips, I've included the original and the filtered side by side so it's easier to see the difference.

Car Door Issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2LOQ6x_7UY

Man's Shoulder Issue (the guy wearing a grey shirt with his back to the camera, his right shoulder): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfjtgaeaSc4

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Lourenço
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

In the first clip, the noise profile is probably inaccurate (build using some details insead of pure noise areas). Also, the radius may be too small.

In the second clip, the cause seems to be the same, an inaccurate profile.

To better understand the problem we wll need to see a test project with the original clip and NV applied to it. This will show the settings of NV you use and may help us identify the trouble spot.

Please also the video tutorials.

Thank you,
Vlad
randomg17

Post by randomg17 »

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by a test project? Do you mean I need to save the profile I've used and upload it for you to see? And then I guess upload a video like I did before, showing the original and the NV applied.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

You use some editing application (like Vegas or Premiere) to edit a project. I meant to create a new test project with one short clip, add NV to the clip, configure the filter, and save that project to the disk. Tnen you will be able to e-mail the project file(s) and the clip used in the project. The filter settings will be automatically stored inside the project. We will open the project on our computers in the same host application and will reproduce the problem.

Vlad
randomg17

Post by randomg17 »

Oh ok, that's fine then. I'll do it now. I have Final Cut, is that ok? And where I can email it to?

Cheers
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

To support [at] neatvideo.com please. Please keep the size small. If the clip is large, please upload it to one of file sharing services.

Thank you,
Vlad
randomg17

Post by randomg17 »

I've just sent an email with an FCP project and the two clips, they're around 10mb each.

Cheers