Question about processing video

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
jpsdr

Question about processing video

Post by jpsdr »

Hello.

I've few little questions.

I'm wondering something. I'll describe what i used to do for denoising.

- I'm building a noise profile using several part of what i think being the most representive (it may, but not necesseraly be the most important) noise level.
For movies, i'm building one profile for each.
For series, i'm building one profile sampling on several episodes, and process the whole serie with it.
I'll consider building 2 models for series going over than 5 years, when state of masters of 1rst episodes may be more "old/damaged" than last.
Can't afford building 100 profiles to have one/episode...

After, i'm processing the whole serie or movie with this builded profile.
Do i make a big mistake or is it relatively good ?
Is there any interest of activating "adaptative" in my way of processing ?
If yes :
- Will this in best case only provide improvement and in worst not improve, or can it in worst case produce less good results ?
- Will it slow down process ? (No, a little, medium, a lot).

Is there any benefit to rebuild noise with v3 profiles i've made with v2.2/2.6 ?

Thanks.
NVTeam

Re: Question about processing video

Post by NVTeam »

jpsdr wrote:Do i make a big mistake or is it relatively good ?
Depends on how much different is the noise in different parts of the clip. Also, using or not using Adaptive filtration plays a significant role.
jpsdr wrote:Is there any interest of activating "adaptative" in my way of processing ?
Yes, it will try to compensate for any difference in noise properties along the timeline.
jpsdr wrote:- Will this in best case only provide improvement and in worst not improve, or can it in worst case produce less good results ?
Yes, it will either improve or leave as is.
jpsdr wrote:- Will it slow down process ? (No, a little, medium, a lot).
A little.
jpsdr wrote:Is there any benefit to rebuild noise with v3 profiles i've made with v2.x?
Yes, that can help too, because the analyzer is more accurate now.

Vlad