no frame is provided in Motion

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
valleo

no frame is provided in Motion

Post by valleo »

I use Motion 5 with Neat Video Pro 3 and created a project based on a MOV (from Redcine), 4096x2304. I applied Neat Video to it and it tells me, that no frame is provided.
The filter was definitely on the clip, not on the group!

I've created another project (Full HD), imported the 4K-clip into it and scaled it down. Then I applied the filter. At first, Motion tells me, that my Resolution is too high! Then Neat Video tells me again that no frame is provided.

Is this a bug? Because I thought the pro version is resolution-independent and CAN process 4K.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It certainly can, once the host application gives Neat Video something to work with, a frame. When Neat Video says that no frame is provided, that means just that - the host application has not provided a frame to the plug-in, so there is nothing to process and to display in NV internal preview.

Why the host application has not provided a proper frame is a different question, unrelated to NV. Some hosts do not provide a frame when it has already been rendered before, other hosts may not provide a full resolution frame (needed by NV for accurate profiling) when the host preview resolution is reduced. There may be other reasons too.

So what we need to do is to establish the reason why Motion does that in your project. And fix that.

One of the first things is making sure you run the latest versions of Motion and Neat Video:
- please make sure Motion is fully updated;
- please re-download and re-install the latest build of Neat Video.

If that alone will not help, please send an e-mail to support [at] neatvideo.com, we will try some more options.

Thank you,
Vlad