Motion 5

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
koihito

Motion 5

Post by koihito »

Will I be able to create a neat video filter and publish it for use in a FCP X project or will I have to filter every individual clip in Motion?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

FCPX in its current state cannot correctly run the Neat Video plug-in (even if you try to publish it for use in FCPX). There are two types of issues in FCPX that prevent that: some features existing in FCP7 have been removed in FCPX and some features that continue to exist do contain certain critical bugs that prevent using not only Neat Video but many other more-or-less complex third-party plug-ins as well. We have requested Apple to fix those bugs and to re-introduce the missing features. However, there is no guarantee that they will do that. Bugs will most likely be fixed, but features.. - Apple doesn't tell about their plans. Overall, we do expect that it will eventually become technically possible to use Neat Video directly in FCPX. This at very least requires those FCPX bugs to be fixed. Hopefully in one of the nearest FCPX updates.

Until then, you can filter clips in Motion 5 or in older versions of FCP / Motion.

Vlad
mikeybouchereau

Post by mikeybouchereau »

If Apple addressed the issues that are currently preventing the publishing of a motion filter for Neat Video. Would you update Neat to be native in FCPX. I have moved my whole shop over to FCPX. It is really an amazing NLE
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

If Apple added full support for such plug-ins directly in FCPX, then the current plug-in would directly work there, without modifications.

Vlad