Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YUY2, YV12, RGB32 ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> General questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skalll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: YUY2, YV12, RGB32 ??? Reply with quote

hello!

im a newbie with video digitization. i had read many about virtualdub, avisynth and neatvideo. i would like to buy neatvideo, but there are some questions.

1. ive two options to capture my vhs videos. first to capture in YV12 color space and second to capture in YUY2 (huffyuv). in my opinion it would be the best way to capture in YUY2. please correct me if its not so.

2. when i use avisynth, why ive to convert to rgb32? in virtualdub ive the option to use "direct stream copy". i think there is no reason to change the color space.

i hope you understand my bad english. :0)
NVTeam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I recommend to check what works better for you.

2. Because the filter accepts only RGB data as input, so any other data should be converted to RGB for processing.
If there is no noise issues in the video then the direct stream copy can be used in VirtualDub and then no filtration will be applied to the video data.

Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> General questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: