Neat Video Reduce Noise After Effects Duplicate

general questions about Neat Video
asch731

Neat Video Reduce Noise After Effects Duplicate

Post by asch731 »

Hi,

When I use the Reduce Noise plugin, it works great. However, when I try to duplicate it in the same adjustment layer or in another layer my footage turns black. If I were to shut off one of the 'reduce noise' then my footage appears again. I hope to duplicate it like any other effect in AE because my footage contains a lot of noise and I've nearly maxed out the noise filter settings in the plug-in.

Can't Reduce Noise be duplicated without this problem? Or is my pc the one that is causing the problem?

-OpenGL and multiprocessing turned off

Note: Another thing is when I put Reduce Noise and Unsharp Mask together in an adjustment layer I get quite a lot of crashes in the application. The workaround for me would be to put them in separate adjustment layers. Know of anything that's causing that?

Thanks for your time!

Best,
Andrew

Neat Video 2.6 Pro plugin
AE CS4
Windows Vista
2.83 Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia 9800 GTX+
4 GB ram
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I do not recommend to add NV to the same clip twice. It will not work correctly this way, this is a technical limitation. Also, it is not the best way to get more noise reduction to start with. To get more noise reduction use the existing filter settings inside one copy of NV instead. If necessary, build a better noise profile that allows to reduce more noise.

Generally, it is best to make NV the first filter in the clip, to not let other effects touch noise before NV.

I am not aware of any specific reasons for crashes with several effects. If you can reliably reproduce a crash, please send a small test project with a short clip to support [at] neatvideo.com, we will run it on our test machines, hopefully reproduce the crash and look for a solution.

Thank you,
Vlad