Setting Correct Aspect Ratio in Preview Window

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
defonfed

Setting Correct Aspect Ratio in Preview Window

Post by defonfed »

I just installed NV and opened in Adobe PRE Elements 8. My project is standard DV setings with 4:3 aspect ratio, but the NV window only shows a 16:9 clip image - it makes no difference which option I choose in zoom preferences - it remains 16:9, and right behind it in the PRE window, the same clip image is 4:3 as it was shot...how do I get the NV clip image to show 4:3? Thanks in advance!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

What does NV say about the size in pixels of that frame (see the bottom of the NV viewer)? Field or frame?
phase52010

Post by phase52010 »

NVTeam wrote:What does NV say about the size in pixels of that frame (see the bottom of the NV viewer)? Field or frame?
Just ordered a full version of the Home edition of NV. Meanwhile, while playing with the demo version I also get the same thing.

In the preview window the 720x 576 video appears "squashed down", as described in the first post in the thread.

NV says: "Field 720x288 8-bit RGB"; which explains why it looks the way it looks, but why is it displaying 720x288 ??

The source material is interlaced 25fps 720x576 according to Final Cut.

Many Thanks.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Because interlaced video stream consists of 720x288 fields and Neat Video works on fields (when processing interlaced streams), so it must show a field to do correct processing.

Vlad