Odd Timing Error

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Chris Attkins

Odd Timing Error

Post by Chris Attkins »

I'm a new user and delighted with this magical plug-in, which works perfectly on nearly everything to which I have applied it. However a strange oddity has me stumped today.
I have HD footage from five cameras on my FC 6 timeline, one stream from a Sony Cyber-shot. This is something of a cheat since it records AVCHD at 1080 x 60i and cannot therefore be properly conformed via my Matrox Mini to match the other four streams at 720 x 50p. However, with a little slippage to keep it in sync, all worked fine for the first hour of material, including the application of NV where necessary.
However, when I apply NV to the later Cybershot clips, these adopt entirely different in and out points visually, although the logging information does not change!
I appreciate this has to be a problem with my transcoding, rather than a bug in NV, but am hoping someone may be able to tell me how to overcome this issue.
NVTeam

Re: Odd Timing Error

Post by NVTeam »

Chris Attkins wrote: However, when I apply NV to the later Cybershot clips, these adopt entirely different in and out points visually, although the logging information does not change!
Perhaps I misunderstand the problem, but do you make sure NV is applied to the right clips? Do you click the clip before adding NV and adjusting NV setting? Then does NV show the correct frame in its internal viewer?

Vlad
Chris Attkins

Post by Chris Attkins »

Thanks for your prompt response Vlad.

Yes, it was the action of applying NV to specific clips that caused the shift in footage, but I have in the meantime done some further experiments re-encoding the raw footage. I discovered the problem is caused by an incorrect setting when capturing the clips: it seems that setting the capture depth to 8 bits instead of 10 causes all sorts of problems!