Can't modify filters

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
john carosella

Can't modify filters

Post by john carosella »

Very strange behavior. I went through a full length film and added filters as appropriate. Many cuts, many different auto-profiles. Exported, produced the DVD. Did not like some of the results. Attempted to modify filters. First, Neat said something like, "The plugin host did not provide a frame to Neat Video". Then, after some clicking around to other clips, etc., it worked, but now EVERY FILTER is using the same source frame. Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Product: FCP 6.06, latest version of Neat Pro (bought it three days ago).

Bummed,
jc
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

This is just the way FCP works.. It is necessary to double-check the you open the Neat Video Options for the right clip, it is easy to confuse Options for one clip with another. To avoid that, make sure you select the desired clip and double-click it before going to Neat Video Options. Double-clicking makes FCP synchronize the selected clip and its corresponding filter settings. Also make sure you have selected one of the frames from the desired clip, so that the current point in the timeline belongs to that clip, before going to Options of Neat Video. All that will ensure that FCP provides Neat Video with a frame from the desired clip to show in the main Neat Video window.

Thank you,
Vlad
john carosella

Post by john carosella »

Hi Vlad,
I double checked - this is not the nature of my error. I am double-clicking on each clip to attempt to modify it:
1. Double Click the clip
2. Click Filters tab
3. Open Neat Video Options.
4. See the same frame from a clip in another sequence.

Doesn't matter which clip I open. It seems something is "stuck" or some pointer has been corrupted.

Is there anything more I can provide to you to help characterize the situation?

Thanks,
jc
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Do you also make sure a frame from the selected clip is chosen in the timeline?

Please try to remove Neat Video in one of the clips and add it again, and then try to modify the NV settings, not leaving that clip.

Thank you,
Vlad