Can anyone help with this bit of footage?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
mmace

Can anyone help with this bit of footage?

Post by mmace »

I bought Neat Video today, it's worked miracles on a lot of the indoor footage, but the footage from a wedding first dance on the XHA1s looks awful, I've spent 5 hours tinkering with it and cannot make it look good at all.

below is a screenshot from the premiere timeline, I have slightly lowered the gamma, lowered the contrast then reduced the noise

If anyone knows Neat Video inside out and can recommend any settings for the video (and where to take the noise print from) that would help me then here's a small sample of the B&G's first dance/headbang:
http://www.maffmace.co.uk/headbang.m2v (9.06Mb, 5 secs, 1440x1080)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I recommend to try the following:

1. take the noise sample from the ceiling, in a frame where you can get a larger part of the ceiling

2. initially reduce the intra-frame noise reduction amounts to 0% (or just load the filter preset "No filtration");

3. increase the temporal filter radius to 3-4-5

4. check the preview in your host application

5. if the picture is still not clear enough, increase those noise reduction amounts from step 2; enable very low freq option in the filter settings.

I hope this procedure will help you get good or at least acceptable results with this quite dark footage.

Vlad
mmace

Post by mmace »

thank you, I will give it a try
mmace

Post by mmace »

that's brilliant, I never messed with the settings in Premiere before (the temporal filter radius etc) as I cannot read what they are (all 3 options say "Temporal fil..."
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It should be possible to expand that panel in Premiere and make them fully visible.

Vlad
percoplus

What were your results?

Post by percoplus »

That was some pretty awful noise in your original clip. I just purchased Neat Video and was wondering how that wedding turned out for you. Do you have a video posted somewhere? I am currently processing my first clip and the rendering is taking forever.