Which application to choose?

general questions about Neat Video
hempo22

Which application to choose?

Post by hempo22 »

Hi, folks!

Here's the deal: Soon I will buy an iMac for post-production since I don't want to work with PC anymore. But I will still work with After Effects since I do a lot work there. Now here's the tricky part:

Should I buy Neat Video for Final Cut or for After Effects?

My workflow would be something like this:

Editing in FCP + first color correction --> VFX and other things in After Effects via Automatic Duck, then back to FCP --> Grading in Color then back to FCP for mastering.

Where should I apply Neat do you guys think? And by the way: Should I wait for CS5? It seems ro come out later this year.

//Hampus
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

My usual recommendation is to apply noise reduction as close to the source as possible.

You may want to download both AE and FCP versions of Neat Video Demo plug-ins and try to use them both, to see which one better suits your workflow on Mac platform. Then it should become clear which you will regularly use.

Regarding CS5, I cannot tell whether you should wait, this completely depends on your post-production requirements. It may come out later this year but if you need work to be done right away then you have to select among currently available tools. From our side, we will try to support newer versions of AE as soon as possible after they become available.

Hope this helps,
Vlad