Color Correction after using NV

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
SaabStory

Color Correction after using NV

Post by SaabStory »

So after I have FULLY RENDERED all of my Neat Video clips, then send a sequence to Color (1.0.4), the noise returns to the clips. I thought this might just be how they appear in the Color viewer, but even after rendering them out in Color and sending them back to FCP, the noise reduction has not been retained.

I've tried many different variables, like NOT rendering in Color and then going back to FCP and rendering them there, etc etc, but for some reason, once my NV clips (again, rendered to the fullest extent of the law) are in Color, the noise returns.

So now I'm thinking the only solution is to export the NV clips as fully self-contained Quicktime files (so they will assuredly be noise-reduced), then import them BACK into FCP, where I would then have to RE-CUT them so I can individually color-correct each clip. But obviously this seems like a colossal waste of time, and before I do it, I want to make sure there isn't a way I can send the NV clips straight from FCP to Color.

Solutions? Or is this a question for a Color forum? It seems only reasonable that I should be able to send my NV clips straight to Color. (Especially since the NV PDF manual recommends doing color-correction AFTER using NV.)

**On a different topic: even after I've fully rendered some of my NV clips on the system that HAS the NV plug-in, then move to a different system (w/ same version of FCP), many of the NV clips will not have been rendered and it will say that I need the plug-in to view them. Again, exporting the NV clips as self-contained Quicktime files might be the solution, but I really want to avoid doing something so time-consuming (especially since-- mysteriously-- SOME of the NV clips HAVE been rendered and I can see them on another system.)

Help! Thanks!!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Currently, Color cannot use Neat Video filter, so I think the solution is indeed to export the render result to an intermediate file and then import it to Color. Or to correct original footage in Color first and then apply NV in FCP. This order change with color correction should not be critical.

Regarding moving from one system to another, the second system must have the same filter plug-in installed and working, otherwise there is nobody to render the sequence there when FCP decides that it should be re-rendered. It is up to FCP to decide that.

Hope this helps,
Vlad