where is rough noise analyzer box?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
datadump

where is rough noise analyzer box?

Post by datadump »

i've got vegas 64bit and just purchased this neatvideo pro for sonyvegas.

i installed the 64 bit version.

1) i'm reading the manual NVSVUG.pdf and it says for manual profiling, to enabled "advanced mode" in order to see the Rough Analyzer.
i did that, and i still dont see a "Rough Noise Analyzer nor a Fine-tuning Analyzer. i just see Auto profile button and Auto-finetune button.

2) if i'm profiling my camera, should i be shooting a frame in dark ? light? sky?? what is the best reference frame?

3) are there premade profiles out there? (ex: canon HFS100)

thanks
NVTeam

Re: where is rough noise analyzer box?

Post by NVTeam »

datadump wrote:i've got vegas 64bit and just purchased this neatvideo pro for sonyvegas.

i installed the 64 bit version.

1) i'm reading the manual NVSVUG.pdf and it says for manual profiling, to enabled "advanced mode" in order to see the Rough Analyzer.
Please open the 64-bit version itself and inside the main window, click F1. This will open the version of the user guide for the 64-bit version. It is a bit different from NVSVUG.pdf. There is no Rough Analyzer in the 64-bit version, it is not needed there.
datadump wrote:2) if i'm profiling my camera, should i be shooting a frame in dark ? light? sky?? what is the best reference frame?
The best reference frame is the Calibration Target that we use in Neat Image. It is best to shoot in the same conditions that you have for actual working shooting.
datadump wrote:3) are there premade profiles out there? (ex: canon HFS100)
No, it is better to do your own profiles for video. The best is to profile each clip you process, the second best is to build a reusable set of profiles for different shooting modes of your camera and then auto fine-tune a loaded pre-built prefile to specific clip that you process.

Vlad
Last edited by NVTeam on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
datadump

Post by datadump »

thanks!