Love NV, but...

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
DCP

Love NV, but...

Post by DCP »

Man, I hate how many times FCP crashes/freezes when using NV. I know it's not NV's fault (due to the memory issues with FCP), but I really wish there was a way to bypass the error window and continue working; clicking 'OK' on the error window just brings up another error window and I have to Force Quit due to FCP being unresponsive). I have done the recommended changes (though turning off multi-processor really slows everything down). I just wish FCP could deal with the memory and I could continue working without having to Force Quit every time I get the error message.

Here's to FCS3 (64bit app. hopefully). btw, I love NV and aside from a few issues still with gradients I'm very happy.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

If the whole set - FCP+codecs+filters including NV+heavy-weight footage+compicated project with multiple clips and instances of filters is really too much for the 32-bit limitations, it probably makes sense to pre-render the individual clips in simple ad-hoc projects in FCP. Filtering just one clip per project should be more economical in terms of memory and perhaps help to avoid the memory issue in FCP.

Of course the best solution would be to have a 64-bit version of FCP. We would complement it with a 64-bit version of NV plug-in and then the memory issue should not arise any more. I hope the 64-bit FCP will become available soon enough. It will make a difference for HD projects.

Vlad
DCP

Post by DCP »

Vlad,

Very true. My project is exactly that (FCP+codecs+filters+NV+etc.). Hopefully we'll see a 64bit FCP soon. But... it's still worth the freezing risk because NV is so darn good!
DCP

Post by DCP »

Vlad,

Definitely turning off mulit-processor mode keeps FCP and NV more stable. A lot less crashes now. It's still a little sensitive, but MUCH better!

Again, amazing product. My feature is looking absolutely fantastic. I'll be posting an updated trailer soon that will show NV at work. I shot on the HVX200 with a Letus Extreme 35mm adapter; we all know just how noisy the HVX200 can be... :)