Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neat Video Pro and Vegas Pro 8 - unprocessed area

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nedwob



Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Neat Video Pro and Vegas Pro 8 - unprocessed area Reply with quote

I have several old HI8 videos (PAL) with a peculiar noise problem - short white noise lines at random over the frame. The noise seems to be on alternate frames, and is visible on capture device and captured media.

It is not present in all videos taken on this camcorder.

I am editing in Vegas 8 Pro.

Tests with Demo Neat Video showed that it could make things better so I have just bought the Pro PlugIn for Vegas. I am having a problem finding a large blank area, and the best quality I have achieved so far is around 25%.

When a clip with the plug-in is played back, noise reduction is quite good, but the playback has a small area - say approx. 100 pixels square near the right hand side of the frames, that seems to be 'floating' and is misaligned with the remainder of the frame.

Any ideas please?

Nedwob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVTeam



Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 2237

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Neat Video Pro and Vegas Pro 8 - unprocessed area Reply with quote

Nedwob wrote:
I have several old HI8 videos (PAL) with a peculiar noise problem - short white noise lines at random over the frame. The noise seems to be on alternate frames, and is visible on capture device and captured media.
This sounds like some kind of interference, not really noise.

Nedwob wrote:
I am editing in Vegas 8 Pro.

Tests with Demo Neat Video showed that it could make things better so I have just bought the Pro PlugIn for Vegas. I am having a problem finding a large blank area, and the best quality I have achieved so far is around 25%.
This shouldn't really be a problem as long as you get good results in Neat Video built-in preview and in Vegas preview.

Nedwob wrote:
When a clip with the plug-in is played back, noise reduction is quite good, but the playback has a small area - say approx. 100 pixels square near the right hand side of the frames, that seems to be 'floating' and is misaligned with the remainder of the frame.
This sounds unusual. Could you e-mail (to support (at) neatvideo.com) a sample 'before' and 'after' clip showing this effect? I hope we will be able to identify the cause of that effect.

Thank you,
Vlad
_________________
Neat Video team
noise reduction for video and photos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group