Sony Vegas Pro 8 - Batch Rendering

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
TheBatman64

Sony Vegas Pro 8 - Batch Rendering

Post by TheBatman64 »

Hi all
I'm currently trying to batch render 1920x1080 AVCHD files that have had the Neat Video event added to each clip. I can get it to render upto 2 clips and then Vegas Pro crashes.

Please please help.
Many thanks
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

1. Which version of Neat Video do you use, is it Demo?
2. How large are the clips (seconds)?
3. Do you get any crash/error messages? Crash logs?
4. Can you provide us with a set of project/footage files required to reproduce the crash?

Thank you,
Vlad
TheBatman64

Post by TheBatman64 »

The version of Neat Video I'm using is an up to date demo.
The Size of the files varies. There seems to be no logic behind it.
I'm not sure if there is an error log. Vegas Pro just crashes. If you know where I can find an error log let me know and I'll send it to you.
I can send you either the Vegas Pro project or the individual m2ts files. Which would be best for you and how do I send it to you???

Many thanks
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please send the complete set of files that constitute the project. You can do this by putting all used clips in one folder and saving the project to that folder as well. Please then zip that folder, upload the zip to rapidshare.com and send the download link by e-mail to support at neatvideo.com. We will download the project, open it, try to render and see if Vegas crashes.

Thank you,
Vlad
TheBatman64

Post by TheBatman64 »

Thanks for your email Vlad.
For your info I received this from the Sony Forum. Thought you might be interested.

Vegas has limitations in the way it can process frames. It means that when a plugin needs to examine adjacent frames, it has to hold frame A in memory and wait for Vegas to feed frame B, before it can compare them and process frame A and insert it where frame B should have been. That means that the video will be one frame behind where it should be in relation to the audio track. So you either have to push your audio on one frame, or pull your video back one frame.

I personally think that Neat Video is far superior to Mike Crash's plugin. The Crash plugin is not bad, but Neat Video is much better, and easier to use in a more transparent fashion.