resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Dr.D

random blur

Post by Dr.D »

Hello!
Thanks for the great product!
I've tried a tons of filters and no one could remove some weird artifact:

http://70.31.130.217/Shared/SampleOrig.avi

It's a just small area from footage compressed by loseless Lagarith codec. Artifact is "crawling maggots" on the blanket. Better to see with 200% zoom.

Here is the result of NeatVideo cleaning with maximum temporal options (5, 150):

http://70.31.130.217/Shared/SampleNeatVideo.avi

Amazing! Almost no crawling and almost no quality loses. But! Random blurring appears on the moving objects. Like this:

http://70.31.130.217/Shared/SampleNeatVideoHead.avi

The head is sometimes sharp, sometimes blurry. Looks like bug, isn't it? Always blurry could be understandable, but there are sharp moments!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Hi,

Thank you for preparing a sample but unfortunately I have not been able to download the files - the server seems to be not responding. Could you check the server please or send the samples to me by e-mail?

Thanks a lot.
Vlad
Dr.D

Post by Dr.D »

NVTeam wrote:Hi,

Thank you for preparing a sample but unfortunately I have not been able to download the files - the server seems to be not responding. Could you check the server please or send the samples to me by e-mail?

Thanks a lot.
Vlad
I'm very sorry, fixed now.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the samples, I could download them now.

Yes, I can see what you mean. In fact, this issue is related to the developemt work we do now for NV. We are trying to improve the filter to make filtration more even in situations as that visible in your video. I hope we will be able to provide these improvements in one of the next updates of NV so that you could filter such clips in higher quality.

Thank you once again,
Vlad
Dr.D

Post by Dr.D »

NVTeam wrote:Thank you for the samples, I could download them now.

Yes, I can see what you mean. In fact, this issue is related to the developemt work we do now for NV. We are trying to improve the filter to make filtration more even in situations as that visible in your video. I hope we will be able to provide these improvements in one of the next updates of NV so that you could filter such clips in higher quality.

Thank you once again,
Vlad
Great, thank you very much! I'll be waiting with no patience :D .
Just in case I'll send you PM with a link to the original full size clip as a testing sample. Hope you will be able to fix this side effect without sacrifising of ability of removing the "crawling" artifact (again, it's amazing, nothing else AFAIK can do this).
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the link!

Vlad