Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

preview corrupted when viewing big video (1440 or 1920)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spatry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: preview corrupted when viewing big video (1440 or 1920) Reply with quote

Hi,

My setup: Mac running VmWare and Windows XP home SP 3 (1 gig of ram, 64Mb of video ram)

If I load a 1440x1080 video in Virtualdub 1.8.5 everything is fine. If I add the Neat Video plug-in then the configuration window with the pop-up windows shows up and the screen gets corrupted. I tried the same on my Windows Vista installation and it doesn't create coruption.. but it is slower to process than it is in XP.

p.s.: I tried with Parallels and I got the exact same problem that I get with VmWare.

you can see a screenshot here: http://gallery.me.com/spatry#100070/corrupt&bgcolor=black

Thanks for helping,
Sylvain...
spatry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I may have found something. Everything is fine when I below 1680x1050 screen resolution but above that the screen gets corrupted. I've been able to fix the problem by disabling completely DirectX in Option->Preferences->Display->"Use Direct for display panes". Now I can go up to 1920x1200 without the corruption happening. Any ideas why? I can't try that on my regular pc laptop as the resolution don't allow me to go up to 1680x1050.

Thanks.
NVTeam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That popup window showing the frame belongs to VirtualDub, it is VD who is drawing the window itself and frame in it. So, it looks like an issue of DirectX compatibility of VirtualDub. I guess you should be able to reproduce the same effect with other filters that also use the same popup window provided by VirtualDub.

Since disabling DirectX there does help, I recommend to use that technique. This will not affect noise reduction by Neat Video in any way.

Vlad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: