Removing noise from vhs video

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Gerald Sr.

Removing noise from vhs video

Post by Gerald Sr. »

I've been trying to remove noise from a vhs tape with no success. What am I doing wrong.
1. Radius is 2 frames, and threshold is 0
2. Adaptive is check
3. I brought up a frame and clicked apply, it came up 68%
4. I'm using advanced settings
5. I went over to the right hand side and adjusted the following settings:
noise filter settings, noise reduction, and sharpening
6. Here is where I'm confused: Do I clicked on apply or go to recent preset and click on remove all noise
I notice that when I choose remove all noise, all the settings that I had made before changes automatically. Why did that happen?

Gerald Sr.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I will comment about some points:

3. please make sure you correctly build a noise profile in this step; do not just switch from the Device Noise Profile tab to the Noise Filter Settings tab, build a new noise profile using Auto Profile (in this page about Neat Image, please see the step 3, it explains how to build a noise profile); please remember that properly-built noise profile is necessary for accurate filtration, an incorrect profile may lead to no filtration or overfiltration;

5 and 6. when you load a filter preset (like the "remove all noise" preset), Neat Video sets all filter settings according to that filter preset; a filter preset contains a set of specific filter settings; if you load a filter preset, all current filter settings in the Noise Filter Settings tab are replaced with those from the preset;

Hope this helps,
Vlad