NV (not 2.2), Vegas 8b-- How much faster is v2.2?

general questions about Neat Video
bigsnow

NV (not 2.2), Vegas 8b-- How much faster is v2.2?

Post by bigsnow »

Hi,
thanks for a great tool.

I have a project with three nested files on the timeline. The first nested file, about 7 minutes long, has NV applied to about the last 3 minutes, but not applied in the master file. The remaining two nested files have no FX applied in them, but NV is applied at the event level in the master project. The filter is set at 80% across RGB and grain sizes. Temporal settings are at default. Raw files are HDV (m2t) rendering to MPEG2 NTSC widescreen for a DVD.

I'm running a CoreDuo at 3.2 GHz with 3.25MB of PC2 6400 (4-4-4) ram. Rendering took 9 hours to reach 33%, so it's looking like 27 hours to complete.

I'm stuck for time and wondering if I installing NV2.2 would provide a significant increase in speed. Basically the job will complete around 3am this morning, leaving no time for change anything and still complete the render by Monday.

Any thoughts (well, I guess y'all are probably asleep and tomorrow is Sunday, so don't sweat it),

Happy weekend,
Scott
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Hi Scott,

Significant increase - perhaps not, some speedup - perhaps yes, how much - depends on the unspecified number of the NV version you use now. Anyway, since you have already completed 33%, I wouldn't stop the process now. Besides time constrains, never change software components just before a deadline.

Generally, 9+27 hours seems to be too much for mere 7 minutes on that hardware, but if you filter more that 7 minutes (if NV works on the whole project) then it may be all right, this depends on the project length.

If you want me to check whether the actual speed is right for that hardware, please specify the frame size in pixels, as reported by NV in its main window, as well as an estimation of the rendering speed in frames per second. It will then be easy to estimate if the speed is normal for that hardware.

Hope this helps,
Vlad