Eyeon Digital Fusion (AE Mod)

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
j.dlx2

Eyeon Digital Fusion (AE Mod)

Post by j.dlx2 »

Hy NV Team,

tried your demo and was absolutely blown away! Knowing many denoisers I can say IMHO NV outperforms all of them..

My request or question: Are there plans for supporting Eyeon Digital Fusion [eyeonline.com] ?
Would be great because there is a big userbase. Also Fusion supports AE plug-ins, but I can't get NV working in Fusion ;( Maybe you can take a look in to that issue?! I think it just needs a little mod to work in Fusion!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for suggesting Digital Fusion. As far as I remember this is the first time someone suggests that host. We will certainly consider it. Perhaps it will be possible to make the AE plug-in work in that host.

Thank you!
Vlad
j.dlx2

Post by j.dlx2 »

Thats great! Looking forward to it :)
force_redo

Post by force_redo »

Can I just second this request?
I'd love to work with Neat Video, I heard very good things about it. Alas, I'd need it for 16bit HD work.
Since it doesn't work in Fusion (Is there any effort being made to make it compatible to Fusion's After Effects plugin API?) and I don't own AFX, and VirtualDub can't do 16 bit (as far as I know) I can't use it, which is a shame...

(Or is there something I'm doing wrong? I tried the AFX demo version in Fusion and all The GUI elements work, but it only shows black frames)

I do own a license of Premiere Elements though, but I don't think it can do 16bit either (I should probably look into this). Does the Premiere Plugin work with the Elements version, too?

Thank a lot,
FR
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, we do have this (compatibility with Fusion) in our to do list. Moreover, it is quite likely that NV for AE will work in Fusion in the future once we do some necessary adjustments. The Demo version shows black frames because it doesn's support 16-bit data.

Regarding Premiere Elements, yes, it does support 32 or 16 bit (depending on version) rendering. There is the Maximum Bit Depth option in project settings for that. Neat Video Pro plug-in for Premiere does support that option and does work with Premiere Elements.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
force_redo

Post by force_redo »

Brilliant! Thanks a lot! This does help a lot indeed.
I'll get the Premiere one for the time being, then.

Cheers,
FR
force_redo

Post by force_redo »

Alas, I can't change the Project Settings in my Premiere Elements to 16bit. I can only pick a couple of presets (all 8bit) or make a new preset based on those (and hence still 8bit).
I'll have to wait for the Fusion version then, I guess... :(

FR
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Project Settings > Video Rendering > Maximum Bit Depth

This option is accessible and modifiable in my Premiere Elements.

Vlad
force_redo

Post by force_redo »

NVTeam wrote:Project Settings > Video Rendering > Maximum Bit Depth

This option is accessible and modifiable in my Premiere Elements.
Not for me, unfortunately. It's greyed out. I'm using Version 3.02.
:(
Am I overlooking something?
FR
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I checked in v3.0.

Try to create a fresh project. After all, if the option is there then it should be accessible at least in some cases.

As far as I remember, I never saw it disabled.

Vlad
force_redo

Post by force_redo »

NVTeam wrote:As far as I remember, I never saw it disabled.
Unfortunately, I never saw it enabled
I tried all sorts of combinations/project settings. Maybe there are multiple versions of Premiere Elements? I'm sure I got the cheapest one, since I bought it in a bundle with PS elements for very little money. So maybe there's a "pro" version of it?!
Anyways, I'll check with Adobe, since this is definately not your business to sort out.
Thanks for all your help. My quest for a 16bit host for your software that is less expensive (for me) than buying After Effects shall continue... :)

FR
force_redo

Post by force_redo »

I got word from Adobe now that Premiere Elements does not support 16bit colour...
What a shame. I've got to wait for a Fusion version then...

FR
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Did you ask them about the Maximum Bit Depth option or about 16 bits?

Here is a quote from the PRE documentation:
Maximum Bit Depth Allows Adobe Premiere Elements to use up to 32-bit processing, even if the project uses a lower bit depth. Selecting this option increases precision but decreases performance.
Again, the Maximum Bit Depth option does work in my copy of PRE3.

Regarding the AE version for Fusion, we now have an updated version of NV Pro plug-in for AE that seems to work well in Fusion 5.2. If you want to get this version please order a license for NV Pro plug-in for AE and I will send you the updated version. We still have to do some more testing but it seems to be stable now.

Vlad
force_redo

Post by force_redo »

NVTeam wrote: Here is a quote from the PRE documentation:
Maximum Bit Depth Allows Adobe Premiere Elements to use up to 32-bit processing, even if the project uses a lower bit depth. Selecting this option increases precision but decreases performance.
Yeah, I guess their "32bit" refers to 8 bit per channel in rgba. They always do this which is very annoying. Even more annoying, they refer to 8bit per channel as "millions of colours" and to 16bit per channel as "trillions of colours"

This was their answer which is pretty clear, I think:
Dear Sir,

Ok, that explains that, so they are actually 16 bpc files, which allow
for Trilions of Colours.

Premiere Elements is a basic application, with settings for DV Pal/HDV,
which support only Millions of Colours.

Regards
Regarding the AE version for Fusion, we now have an updated version of NV Pro plug-in for AE that seems to work well in Fusion 5.2. If you want to get this version please order a license for NV Pro plug-in for AE and I will send you the updated version. We still have to do some more testing but it seems to be stable now.
Thanks for your offer.Unfortunately I still got Fusion 5.1 running, since I didn't see a point in buying the upgrade yet. I might do so for the 5.3 (pending new features) which should be out early next year. Are you positive it wouldn't run on 5.1 too?

Thanks again,
FR
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

force_redo wrote:Yeah, I guess their "32bit" refers to 8 bit per channel in rgba.
No, that one is real. 32bit per channel

They may simply misunderstand the question. I would simply ask why that option is not working in their product, despite the documenation statements.
force_redo wrote:Thanks for your offer.Unfortunately I still got Fusion 5.1 running
5.1 is fine too.

Vlad