YCrCb, RGB, and frame analysis

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Gerald Sr.

Post by Gerald Sr. »

I had just bought Neat Video for Virtualdub 1.6.14. First, I would like to know when should I use YCrCb or RGB when denoising a color video. Second, how can I find a frame for noise analysis in my video if the first frame in my video says 43% for the noise profile. Third, when applying sharpening, can I see how much sharpening is being applied to the video.

Gerald Sr.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I highly recommend to use YCrCb whenever you process a color video. RGB should only be used for special purposes (please see the page 19 in the user guide for more details).

Regarding a frame for noise analysis, you can find select a frame with large flat featureless areas using the window attached to the "Neat Video
Configuration" window. In that attached window, use the Trackbar to
select a suitable frame; that frame will be used for noise analysis (please see the step III in the "Filtration process details", page 7 in the user guide).

Regarding sharpening, you can see the effect of sharpening in the intra-frame preview (please see pages 12 and 15 in the user guide). You can adjust the sharpening settings and immediately see the effect in the frame viewer inside the plug-in.

Vlad
Gerald Sr.

Post by Gerald Sr. »

I could not find the Track Bar in Neat Video for a suitable frame for noise analysis. I was getting frustrated in how to find a frame. I finally found the track bar, now I can find a very good frame for noise analysis. The frames that I had founded only read 43%, so I finally a good frame that read 73%. Thanks NV Team for your help.

Gerald Sr.