Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preview mode directly affects NV?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Preview mode directly affects NV? Reply with quote

In Vegas 7.0e, I have the preview windows set to "Preview (Auto)". I find that NV is unable to auto-profile at this resolution ("Selected area is too small"). NV's preview image is also very low resolution, so it appears to be taking its resolution directly from Vegas' preview mode. If I change my preview window to "Best (Full)", NV has no trouble at all in auto-profiling.

Should the preview mode be affecting NV so directly? This seems a bit odd to me? Will this even affect the actual noise reduction, as the profile will have been created on a lower resolution image?
Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The"Build Dynamic RAM Preview" option makes no difference - The image in NV is still low resolution. Do I have to force the preview to "Best (Full)" for NV to work properly?
NVTeam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, using a small version of the frame is NOT acceptable for many reasons. One of them is that the noise properties of the normal frame and small version of the frame are absolutely different, so a noise profile built using a small version will not be right for processing the normal frame.

Therefore, please use the "Best (Full)" setting in Vegas viewer to build a profile and preview NV filtration. Otherwise, Vegas will send small versions of the frame to the NV plug-in and that is not what you want and not what NV expects.

Vlad
Leigh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Using Neat Video All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: