VideoEnhancer support

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
Maccara

VideoEnhancer support

Post by Maccara »

Hi,

Tried to use NeatVideo in VideoEnhancer (http://www.thedeemon.com/VideoEnhancer) as it implements MSU Super Video Resolution (http://www.compression.ru/video/super_r ... on_en.html) but unfortunately the VDub plugin version was not working so well (not possible to configure, as no preview window was available etc).

The reason i would've liked to do this is that especially with 320x240 video files it is practically impossible to find a big enough flat area to do analysis on, so upscaling the image before noise reduction is a viable alternative - might as well do the upscaling on "best" possible quality.

Not sure why neatvideo isn't usable with videoenhancer (i.e. is the issue in videoenhancer or neatvideo or both) so I asked this from them too.

Another viable solution would be to implement some resizing (preferrably the MSU way - noticeably better than Lanczos3 f.e.) in neatvideo for this purpose. Possible to license from MSU the algorithm directly?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the suggestions. We will check what is causing problems with VideoEnhancer, perhaps they can be resolved.

Regarding the lack of large enough areas for analysis, we are working on this issue and there will be certain changes in the coming update (expected this month) to help work with small frames.

Thank you!

Vlad
Maccara

Post by Maccara »

Thank you for your reply!

I also got a reply from VideoEnhancer people, and they suspect the problem is that VideoEnhancer has not implemented frameserving yet. I agree, that would render NeatVideo configuration quite impossible. :)

They're planning to implement frameserving during April/May, so might be worthwhile for me to check again during that time if the problem is solved (and see if additional issues arise).

PS. very much appreciate you mentioned new version expected this month; was wondering about the status as previous estimate was for Q1 - not too much delay expected, it seems. ;)