Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wierd Dual R9-380 glitch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truthseekers

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Wierd Dual R9-380 glitch Reply with quote

I have a weird glitch. Tried loads to sort and I am stuck.

The problem presents itself as a pixel glitch where a square about 30px by 30px flashes up on one frame then randomly again 3 to seven seconds again...

I set neat to render CPU only. No glitch.
Both GPUs - you see the glitch.
Set Neat to GPU1 only. No glitch
Set Neat to GPU2 only... glitch is present.

So glitch is only present in GPU2 activation in neat.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers from AMD official - 17.5 17.4 17.3 17.1. Problem is really bad in 17.4 glitch is going crazy 3 or 4 glitches per frame. Tried the above steps and had exactly the same results (but as I said much worse on 17.4 drivers)

I even wondered if it was GPU or memory faulty on Graphics Card 2 so I swapped them out removed CARD 1 SLOT 1 and put in the CARD2 in slot 1... one card only. No glitch.
Then I went dual card setup again but now I put the old slot 1 card in slot 2 and the glitch returns to GPU2 only. So this seems to rule out the cards having a fault.

Also I cannot use drivers 15 or 16 because the open cl is too basic for use with the Neat plugin... only 17 drivers can handle opencl with neat plugin.

So I have a choice, just use GPU1 only to use neat and forget Multi GPU support or if you have any ideas for anything else I can try. Thanks for your time.

My setup:
Windows7 64bit SP2
XEON W3680
Motherboard ASUS P6T-SE (x58 chipset)
24MB RAM
SSD
2 x AMD Radeon R9-380 cards
Corsair RM1000 power supply.

To help you see the form the glitch is taking here are some samples for you....

the original "gpu2" selected fault...
https://youtu.be/5fY-ytDtvgw

GPU1 slot 1 and GPU2 slot 2 swapped around... fault is still there on GPU2 selected renders in neat
https://youtu.be/iUq8gQU6U5Q

The worst is driver 17.4 when you get this mess onGPU2 selected renders
https://youtu.be/H-s2RgH0qDI

PS Still love Neat and will use it on one GPU if I have to Wink Still the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: