A few feature requests

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
Fifonik

A few feature requests

Post by Fifonik »

1. Sometimes Neat Video finds "strange" areas while I click "Auto Profile" button.
I can select another area manually.
However, I'm a bit lazy so it would be nice if I was able to click something (the same button with key-modifier or other button) and plugin find _another_ area automatically. May be this time it would be better.

2. "Auto fine tune" button does not make sense just after "Auto Profiling", so I believe it must be disabled if the profile was build using "Auto Profile" button.

3. It would be nice if I was able to build single profile using different areas and/or different frames if this improve profile and following filtering quality (some parts of frame can be light, others -- dark and noise information in these areas might be different).
NVTeam

Re: A few feature requests

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the suggestions 1 and 2, that makes a good sense.

Regarding the 3rd idea, it is very similar to the way manual Fine-Tuning (not Auto Fine-Tune) works now. Please double-check the description of manual Fine-Tuning in the Device Noise Profiles section of the user guide (look for "Case of manual profiling").

Thank you,
Vlad
Fifonik

Post by Fifonik »

3. Holy moly... I was using Neat Video "incorrectly" for years. I should have read the manual %-)
Fifonik

Post by Fifonik »

Another feature request:
On "Filter Noise Settings" to choose existing preset you need to click the tiny triangle in "clip preset" dropdown.
It would be nice if click to any place of the dropdown work.

Well, "clip profile" dropdown and any other dropdowns should work this way I believe.

Thanks.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Clicking withing the square button area around the triangle (the height of that area is the same as the height of the preset name field) opens the menu, not just the triangle alone. Does this work differently on your computer?

Vlad
Fifonik

Post by Fifonik »

No, it works the same way.
However, in browsers the whole dropdown element (==select) can be clicked, not only the triangle with small surroundings.
For example, while I'm typing this message I see a select with text sizes just above the textarea. I can click at 'Normal' word, not only at a rectangle with triangle in it on the right. On windows OS this is also typical dropdowns' behaviour.

Yesterday, at the end of the day I applied Neat Video filtering option for 30+ fragments (one by one) and found this bit of UI is a bit hard to use.

Thanks.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the clarification. We will consider possible UI options when working on future updates.

Kind regards,
Vlad
Fifonik

Post by Fifonik »

I bought v5 and started to use it. One thing that I'd really like to have: ability to import filter settings (not profiles) from v4.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Do you mean to copy all presets from
\Documents\Neat Video v4 for Vegas\Presets\
to
\Documents\Neat Video v5 for Vegas\Presets\
?
jpsdr

Post by jpsdr »

If files are compatibles and if it's so easy, it's nice, thanks :D
It wasn't the case for v3 to v4, so...
But i didn't read the v5 doc yet, maybe it's written on it.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It should work like that with presets copied from v4.
Fifonik

Post by Fifonik »

Good. Thanks. Will copy them over then.
Fifonik

Post by Fifonik »

Yesterday I was adding NeatVIdeo FX to a bunch of very similar fragments so I saved profile and setting in files and just loaded them.
This helped a lot, however it is possible to simplify the process even more.

You can add a dropdown that can be used for choosing latest used items.
Items in the select can be grouped (as per directory).
In this case it saves people clicks.

Thanks.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I would try to use a directly available mechanism of copy&pasting an instance of the filter from one clip to another.
Here is how it would work in Vegas:
- add the filter to a clip;
- set up a noise profile in that instance of the filter, adjust the filter settings, apply;
- copy (Ctrl+C) the event attributes from that clip and paste (menu Edit > Paste Event Attributes) to another clip where you want to apply Neat Video with the same settings.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
Fifonik

Post by Fifonik »

Thanks for advice. It might be useful for someone.

I'm aware about possibility to copy event attributes and using it when appropriate.
Unfortunately, it is not always easy to do so as:
- By default it copy pan/crop
- Some filters cannot be copied. Even more, the copy process brakes the original filter settings (I'm talking about Mercalli v4).

It is possible to overcome some of the limitations using selective copy, but in my case it was just harder than add NeatVideo + load profile + load settings.
This is why I thought about simplification of the loads.

In any case, feel free to ignore the feature request :)