using Neat Video for stills

general questions about Neat Video
foggybog

using Neat Video for stills

Post by foggybog »

What is the best workflow for using Neat Video on a still? Do I need to do anything special with the temporal settings?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Do you mean a still in a video? Or a standalone photo that you want to cleanup?

In the first case, it may be useful to disable the temporal filter as a whole. In Neat Video 4 that is done by one checkbox.

In the latter case I would probably use Neat Image instead.

Vlad
ridindave

Post by ridindave »

Just taking this thread as an opportunity to ask another question about denoising a still clip...

I'm in Resolve12.3, with NV4.1. I've just pasted a series of nodes on a still (psd) clip. First node is NV, with spatial & temporal ON. Still is an old photo with a clear & strong support texture. Obviously, temporal is actually working, because when I set it off I clearly get my texture back.

How does temporal actually denoise over time, as every frame is strictly the same ?

Thanks for your answer,

best,

David
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Perhaps it is not strictly the same.. If you send a small test project (with source media) demonstrating that to support [at] neatvideo.com, we will check what is going on.

Thank you,
Vlad
mathewlisett

Post by mathewlisett »

ive personally used a single jpeg file inside preimer pro cc 2015 and it created a video file of a few frames, it wa enough for neat video to do its job and a bloody good job it did, infact better than what ps tried to do. then simply export it in what ever you wish