Davinci and Neat Video -> Davinci use GPU instead CPU

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Martn

Davinci and Neat Video -> Davinci use GPU instead CPU

Post by Martn »

Hello,

i am new here and i have a question to use Neat Video together with davinci.

I now the problem that with low RAM at Graphic Card it is not easy ...

i have MacBookPro i7 - 2,5GHz 4 Real Cores 4 Virtual Cores with 16GB Ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

when i start up davinci and apply the neat video to a clip and check at Neat Video 4 Tool via F10 the performance -> i get to know that at startup of davinci the GPU Ram has the Size of 1313 during start up

after i load the Project and for actually use are only 744MB left of the GPU Ram

i do the test of Neat Video 4 and it tells me i should dicide for 7-8 CPU without GPU for a render performence of 5FPS

But when i start the rendering at the end of the davinci chain ... i just get 2fps or 1,5fps ... and after the render are only 234MB left oft the GPU Ram

My question is Davinci using still this super low RAM even when i tell him by choice that i dont wanna use GPU at all ????

Thanks

Greetings
New User
Martn
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Resolve always uses the GPU.

Neat Video uses the GPU only if you allow that in Neat Video Preferences.

I recommend to set Neat Video to use the CPU only and let Resolve have all resources of the GPU for its own needs.

The speed of Resolve render is bound to be slower than the speed of Neat Video alone, because Resolve render includes more than just Neat Video. Neat Video is just one component of Resolve render process, other components take time too, so the overall speed is lower.

Vlad
Martn

Post by Martn »

Hello NVTeam

I setup neat Video only for CPU ... and the performance test tells me if i go for CPU i will get 5-7fps but when i execute the process then i only get 1,2 -2 fps ... so i think the effect of forcing neatvideo to just CPU is not working at the moment ... but maybe i am wrong ... it just feel and looks like ... ???

greetings Martn
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please note that the Optimize test measures the speed of Neat Video alone, while what you observe in Resolve render process is more than Neat Video alone. Resolve's own processing also takes time and slows down the overall speed. So that is not abnormal.

Vlad