Problems with NEAT V4 and Magix VDL 2015 (360)

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
BFOL

Problems with NEAT V4 and Magix VDL 2015 (360)

Post by BFOL »

I have installed Magix VDL 2014 Premium and Magix VDL 2015 Premium and I'm using Neatvideo V3 and V4 Pro.
PC: i7, 2x 4 GB, SSD, GTX550i WIN 7 (64).
Used Video-source: MP4 2D 720x576 25p
Video output (Export): WMV 2D 720x576 25p

On the same PC and with both Versions of Magix Neatvideo V3 works well.
Neatvideo V4(64) works well until I start to render the video.
For the first about 30-60 seconds performance is good. Then it becomes very slowly: 1 frame per 5..to..10 seconds. Normal performance is about 8 frames per seconds (using 6 cores and GPU).
I tried to disable GPU in Neatvideo and Magix without no better result.
When I disable the effect "Neatvideo" in Magix VDL 2015 the program is still working very slowly and the preview doesn't work anymore. I have to restart Magix.
Support of Magix answered that it should be a problem of NEATVideo.
Therefore I have to use Neatvideo V3 actually ...
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Are you positive you run the 64-bit version of the plug-in? Please check that in the caption of the plug-in's window.

Does the slowdown depend on the output video codec you use? If you select for example the same MP4 or any other output format, is the problem still reproducible?

When you use NV3, is that also 64-bit version?

Both Magix VDL 2014 Premium and Magix VDL 2015 Premium are 64-bit too?
(not the 32-bit versions? that may be possible in case of 2014 at least)
When I disable the effect "Neatvideo" in Magix VDL 2015 the program is still working very slowly and the preview doesn't work anymore. I have to restart Magix.
That may indicate a lack of free memory in the system in general. Please try to monitor the memory use using Windows Task Manager. Does the memory usage reache the physical limit when the render passes 30-60 seconds point?

Thank you,
Vlad
BFOL

Checked your questions

Post by BFOL »

NVTeam wrote:Are you positive you run the 64-bit version of the plug-in? When you use NV3, is that also 64-bit version?
Both: Yes.
NVTeam wrote:If you select for example the same MP4 or any other output format, is the problem still reproducible?
Yes.
NVTeam wrote:Both Magix VDL 2014 Premium and Magix VDL 2015 Premium are 64-bit too?
It seems that Magix 2014 is 32-bit. But Neat V3 [64] is working properly with Magix VDL 2015 (64).
NVTeam wrote:That may indicate a lack of free memory in the system in general. Please try to monitor the memory use using Windows Task Manager. Does the memory usage reache the physical limit when the render passes 30-60 seconds point?
No.
Normal work: 65% CPU usage
Slowly working: 32% CPU usage
Usage of phys. memory: No significant difference. 2.1 GB used in both cases.

I will check if options like Sharpening or Dust Removal ... are causing the problem.[/img]
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It could also be a problem with the input codec.

Please try using a different input clip encoded using a different codec.

For another test please disable the temporal filter completely and see if the speed degrades.

Thank you,
Vlad
BFOL

New test

Post by BFOL »

Export to WMV: problem exists
Export to MP4 : same problem

Temporal filter disabled: Problem exists

Temporal filter: on
Spatial filter: off
NO problem!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please note that I wrote about the input codec, not output one. The input clip may be encoded using a codec that has some problems.

Since you have now narrowed the problem down to use of the spatial filter, please try to disable individual elements of that filter to see what triggers to the problem.

Thank you,
Vlad
BFOL

Screenshot

Post by BFOL »

Is it possible to upload a JPG? I made a screenshot of Taskmanager in the moment of breakdown.
Meanwhile I think that the problem is caused by Magix ...
Other video caused the same problem.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please send it to support [at] neatvideo.com by e-mail.

Thank you,
Vlad