Re-rendering constantly in FCPX

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
JDW

Post by JDW »

What I do to avoid the sluggishness problem is to noise-filter a clip, export it in Apple ProRes, then re-import it and do my edits. While not the ideal, it does work fairly well.
TheTrickster

Post by TheTrickster »

Thanks JDW,

Did you get a new iMac in the end?

What I've found, is that for the clips (within the timeline) that need NV magic, is to convert them to a Compound Clip, double click the compound clip (so it opens on its own timeline), apply NV (wait for it to finish) and then 'Share' that compound clip as a Master File (it then only exports that portion of the clip in your timeline). Go back to your original timeline, where the clip was and once it finishes exporting you can click the 'View' button on the export popup, it then opens a Finder window with your new file, and just drag that on top of the compound clip and 'Replace' within the original timeline.
JDW

Post by JDW »

TheTrickster wrote:Thanks JDW,

Did you get a new iMac in the end?
Yes, I did. I posted benchmarks here:

https://www.neatvideo.com/nvforum/viewt ... 78eea#5079

Thanks for the tip. Basically you are using the same trick I am to "speed things up." It doesn't really speed up denoising, but that trick does make editing fast again. You denoise a clip, export it, reimport it, then edit on that. It's not idea but it works well, as you said.