Denoise Resolution in Resolve

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
sfranchek

Denoise Resolution in Resolve

Post by sfranchek »

Hey everyone!
Is there any way to get around the timeline resolution limitations in resolve? Right now my workflow sucks. Resolve can't create a timeline above 4k UHD and some of the footage I'm denoising is 5k and 6k. I'd like to do everything in resolve, but instead I have to edit everything in premiere, denoise each clip at their native resolutions, render each clip on the timeline individually, then bring it into resolve for color grading (since resolve has waaay better face tracking than speed grade), then I have to bring the graded clips back into premiere to replace the ungraded clips on the timeline. I tried round-tripping it via XML, but that was a glitchy disaster.

Any suggestions for denoising at full res in resolve? If not, any suggestions to improve my workflow?
danielschweinert

Post by danielschweinert »

Of course you can create a 5K or 6K timeline directly in the full version of DaVinci Resolve (not sure about LITE version). Just select "Custom" in the Master Project Settings > Timeline resolution > Custom > Enter your timeline resolution.
Works perfectly well with 6K RED Dragon footage and NeatVideo OFX plugin directly inside DaVinci Resolve.

Hope that helps!