Profile Doesn't Transfer with Effect Preset in PPro?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Guitarist

Profile Doesn't Transfer with Effect Preset in PPro?

Post by Guitarist »

In Premiere Pro CC 2014 , when I save an NV video effect as a Premiere effect preset, then apply that preset to a clip, the effect is applied and I can see the results in the Premiere Program Monitor.

However, when I then click on the NV setup box in Premiere "Effect Controls," the NV config window comes up and there is no Device Noise Profile loaded. So if I want to make a slight adjustment to the Noise Filter settings that are saved in the Premiere effect preset, I have to start all over by loading a new Profile, then duplicate the Noise Filter settings saved in the Premiere effect preset, then make the adjustments.

So am I missing something? When I apply a Premiere NV effect preset, I don't know what the Noise Filter settings are; they are saved in the preset. So I can't simply modify them, I have to start over by loading a Profile.

Is this the way it's supposed to be? Yes, I can work around it by naming the Premiere preset after the NV Profile, so then I would know which Profile to load to match the Premiere preset, but this is extra clicks and complication.

It would be better if I could just apply the effect preset, then click on setup and find that the Profile is already loaded, which would make the Noise Filter settings immediately available for tweaking...

...which is the way it works when using "Paste Attributes." I paste the effect to the new clip, click on setup, and the NV config window pops up with the Profile already loaded up and the Noise Filter settings available for tweaking.

It would be very nice if the same thing could be done with when applying the effect from a Premiere effect preset.

Thank you.

PS: What a brilliant program! I am very happy with it, despite my long "complaint" -- which is really just Valuable Customer Feedback.. :-)
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Unfortunately, that problem is caused by a known bug in Premiere itself. It was discovered in CS5.5 (and CS5) in 2012 and we then reported the problem to Adobe hoping that it would be fixed in the same CS5.5. However, it was not fixed even in CS6 nor CC/CC2014. It is a recognized bug #3091675.

So it is possible to use Premiere presets but you should remember to not re-open the main window of the plug-in to avoid losing the profile (otherwise you would have to re-built it).

Thank you,
Vlad
Guitarist

Post by Guitarist »

I see. Thank you for the clear and prompt answer.
mathewlisett

Post by mathewlisett »

its a weird one because within the same project on the timeline, if you copy and paste the effects to each clip the thing works. but it doesnt work when you save the thing as a preset saying this, there are other issues with the preset saving as ive had other plugins not save in the list within the preset.